Why Is Robotic Prostatectomy So Prevalent?
Surgery is considered the standard option to heal prostate cancer if it is unlikely that it has spread outside the prostate.
What is prostate cancer?
Prostate cancer initiates when normal prostate cells change and grow out of control. A few types of prostate cancer develop gradually and may not cause signs or problems for years, while other types of prostate cancer are more belligerent and grow faster. It is often impossible to foretell how aggressive cancer will be before a biopsy. However, many new biomarkers and genomic tests can help determine whether it is assertive.
It gets the most typically diagnosed severe cancer. The chances of prostate cancer grow with the age of individuals. Several studies have shown that men with a family history of prostate cancer have an overall 2-3-fold increased chance of prostate cancer. It is a more significant concern when the family gets analyzed with cancer at a young age.
What are the symptoms of prostate cancer?
A lot of men with early-stage prostate cancer have no indications or symptoms. However, some things can indicate that you are more likely to contract prostate cancer. Most men with early-stage prostate cancer have no symptoms or signs. One of the reasons for this is how cancer grows. Early symptoms usually occur exclusively when cancer develops near the urinary duct (urethra) and gets compressed to change how the urine gets urinated.
However, because prostate cancer usually begins to develop in other parts of the prostate (usually outside), early-stage prostate cancer does not compress the urethra and causes symptoms.
If you detect a change in how you urinate, it is a sign of a very prevalent non-cancerous problem called benign prostatic hyperplasia or another health problem. However, it still gets recommended to check out.
A few possible signs are-
- Difficulty starting to urinate or off-loading the bladder.
- Weak flow when urinating
- I feel that the bladder does not get emptied precisely.
- Urine leakage after cessation of urination
- If you need to urinate more often than usual, particularly if you require to urinate suddenly at night – you may occasionally urinate before going to the bathroom.
Other symptoms may include-
- Back pain, hip or pelvic pain
- Troubles getting or maintaining an erection
- Getting blood in urine or semen
- Unexplained weight loss
All of these symptoms can get induced by other health difficulties. However, it is still advisable to tell your general practitioner about your symptoms so that you can determine the cause of your symptoms and get the correct treatment when you need them.
What is a robotic prostatectomy?
The operation gets performed on the robot system. The surgeon uses the operating room management panel to move the robot arm through multiple small incisions in the patient’s abdomen during surgery. The robot arm allows for the same freedom of movement as a surgeon’s hand. It is an improvement to traditional laparoscopic instruments.
What are the advantages of robotic prostatectomy?
- It allows faster healing.
- It reduces blood loss.
- There is less postoperative pain.
- Early catheter removal (usually one week)
- Recovery time will be shorter.
- Shortening the length of hospital stay
- Rapid return to everyday activity (1 to 2 weeks) and work (2 to 3 weeks).
- The cut is small, and there are few scars.
- Low threat of incontinence (power to control bladder and intestines)
- You can get an erection faster.
- Fastly regains control of the bladder.
- A small incision with few scars
A Robotic Prostate Surgeon in Canada is your best choice to get all the benefits of robotic prostatectomy. Hope this article gives you a clear idea about the topic.