How to Fix Quickbooks Error Code H202? [Updated Methods]
Quickbooks multi-user mode is tricky to configure and hence, there are a lot of errors that you can face with the multi-user mode. One such error related to Quickbooks multi-user mode is Quickbooks error H202. It can also be treated as a network error. This error usually occurs when a user is trying to access the file stored on other systems in the network. Also, it can occur when you are trying to open a company file. In case you are facing the Quickbooks H202, this article is a must-read. We have explained to you how you can resolve the error in some simple steps.
Factors Causing Quickbooks Error
- The Quickbooks multi-user hosting settings are not configured properly on the system.
- In case the firewall is blocking the transfer of the data
- You have not configured the DNS settings properly.
- Also, in case the Quickbooks does not have the host’s server or IP address.
- Other than this, there may be chances that some of the Quickbooks processes are not running on the system.
- There must be some bug in the database server manager.
- Also, if the ND files are corrupted.
Quick Troubleshooting Methods for Quickbooks Error H202
Usually, the Quickbooks error code H202 occurs when a user tries to switch to multi-user mode. Below we have mentioned different solutions that a user can follow to fix the error.
Method 1: Add the Server to Windows Host File
- To start with, you need to open the Windows Host file on the system where you are facing the error. For this, you will have to visit the path C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc\. Choose to open the file in the notepad.
- When done, you will have to look for the last IP address, and then next to that, you need to write the IP address of the server.
- Now, you will have to press the tab key on your keyboard and then you need to write the name of the server.
- When done, check the changes that you have made and then save them.
- Now, open the required company file to see if you still face the error.
Method 2: Use the Connection Diagnostic tool
- First, you will have to visit the official Quickbooks website and then look for the connection diagnostic tool. You will then have to download the tool on the system and then install it.
- When done, you need to find the folder in which you have stored the data file.
- You will then have to write down the network interfaces and IP addresses.
- Next, you need to visit the firewall section and then look for the open ports option. If found, you need to choose the option to allow the ports.
- Now, you will have to check the data connectivity.
- When all the changes are made, you will have to try to open the company file.
Method 3: Delete and create the ND files again
- First, you will have to open the windows search on the system and then type ND. Press the enter key on the system.
- After this, you will have to right-click on the file, and then from the menu, choose the option to delete the file.
- In the confirmation prompt, you need to click on the delete option.
- You will then have to tap on the windows start option and then click on the all programs option. Now, you need to click on the Quickbooks option and then choose the Quickbooks database server manager option.
- When done, you need to choose the option to scan the folder.
- Next, you will have to click on the add folder option and now, you need to redirect the tool to the folder in which you have stored the company file.
- Now, choose your required company file and then choose the Ok button.
- When done, you need to choose the option to start the scan.
- On completion, close the window.
Method 4: Create a New Folder
- First, you will have to create a new folder on the system.
- When done, you will have to choose to share your folder and setup. When done, a prompt will appear on the screen asking to share your company files.
- Next, you need to copy the Quickbooks database file in the new folder created.
- In the end, you will have to open your company file in multi-user mode.
Method 5: Start Quickbooks Database Server Manager Again
- To start with, you need to open the Windows run window on the screen. For this, you need to press the Windows key and R key together. After this, in the run window, you need to type services.msi.
- Now, click on the OK button and then the list of all the running services will open on the screen.
- You will have to look for the processes related to Quickbooks like QuickbooksDB2018, QuickbooksDB2017, or QuickbooksDB2019. When found, you need to right-click on it and choose to stop.
- Next, you will again have to right-click on it and choose to start the process.
- Terminate the window.
- After this, you will have to view all the extensions for the known files.
- For this, you need to go to the windows icon and then right-click. From the menu, click on the Explore option and then click on the tools option.
- Now, you will have to click on the folder option. A new prompt will open up. Choose the view option and then choose the option to hide the extensions option.
- Next, you need to again click the view option and then select the show hidden files option. Also, you need to untick the checkbox to hide protected operating system files.
- After this, a warning sign will appear on the screen. You will have to click on the OK option to complete the process.
- Exit the explorer and then check if the error is resolved or not.
The above-mentioned methods are doable and will surely help you to fix the Quickbooks error code h202. Also, all the information that you need to know about Quickbooks error h202 is mentioned in the article. If you still face the error, we will advise you to seek technical help. Hopefully, the article was helpful.