Petechiae are noticed as small, circular and non-raised patches on the skin that can be purple, red or brown in color. If you notice Petechiae on your skin, it is usually advised that you must immediately visit a doctor and confirm your condition.
Petechiae can occur anywhere on your body, but they are usually found in your Arms, legs, mouth, stomach, inside the eyelids and your butt.
There are several reasons why one might have Petechiae.
- Causes of Petechiae
There are several causes that can result in Petechiae. They are:
This is an infection that is noticed in the lining of the heart. The possible symptoms of this condition are chills, fever, fatigue, body aches and shortness of breath in an individual.
Infection that is caused by any bacteria, such as strep throat, along with Scarlet fever or even Rocky Mountain spotted fever, can cause Petechiae. Therefore viral infections like cytomegalovirus or Hunter virus can also cause Petechiae.
Other symptoms of an individual having an infection might include fever, fatigue, sore throat, swollen tonsil and glands, nausea, body ache and vomiting.
If there is severe damage noticed on your skin, it can also result in Petechiae. The cause of injury might be car accident friction on the skin, frostbite or even sunburn.
If an individual is suffering from leukaemia in the blood and bone marrow, it might also result in Petechiae. The signs of an individual suffering from leukaemia are weight loss, easy bleeding or bruising, swollen glands, nosebleeds and night sweats.
There are several prescribed and non-prescribed meditations that might cause Petechiae. Several antibiotics, antidepressants and blood medications to prevent blood clots can have adverse negative effects, such as Petechiae.
Monu is a viral infection that is very young among young people. This can often times also cause Petechiae. Symptoms of Mono include sore throat, headache, swollen glands and tonsils along with fever
When your body experiences excessive strain, there are chances that you can break your blood vessels under the skin. This leads to Petechiae. Symptoms that you have strained in your body too much are excessive throwing up while lifting something heavy.
- Treatment for Petechiae
Depending upon the cause of Petechiae, the treatment of the condition can vary. If there is any skin injury or straining, there is no requirement for any treatment; however, if there is any serious condition, you must first seek medical attention.
Treatments for Petechiae usually include:
- Antibiotics are used for treating bacterial infections.
- Chemotherapy, immunotherapy, radiation and bone marrow transplant are used for treating leukaemia.
- Corticosteroids are utilized to reduce any swelling in the blood vessels of the body.
- Several other drugs are also utilized to suppress the immunity system present in the body.
- Supplements of Vitamin C are prescribed by the doctor.
You can also try several home remedies to get relief from Petechiae at home such as:
- One of the best reliefs for Petechiae is cold compression.
- It is also advised that one must consume lots of fluids.
- Receiving ample amounts of rest.
However, it must always be remembered that home remedies are not as effective, and you must also seek medical attention.
- Prevention of Petechiae
Every case of Petechiae Is not usually preventable. But for several conditions, you can take necessary steps to prevent infections that lead to Petechiae.
Follow these simple strategies to prevent yourself from getting an infection:
- Be careful around anyone who is sick.
- Make sure to clean countertops, high-touch surfaces, or any door handles.
- Be sure not to share items or products that have already touched someone else’s nose or mouth.
- Make sure to protect your skin from the sun. Use sunscreen while going outdoors.
- Make sure to use insect repellent when you visit the Woods. Also, be sure to wear a long-sleeved shirt and pants to keep yourself safe from insects.
Petechiae are usually noticed as tiny dots of bleeding under your skin. There are several reasons that result in this condition. However, there are also several severe conditions that lead to Petechiae.
Therefore it is always advised that if you notice these tiny spots on your skin, then you must immediately seek medical attention. One of the best hospitals to seek sanctuary in during this time is Apollo Hospital. You will get to receive expert medical supervision on your condition.
Read Also : For more information about this visit gocooil.com