5 Fixes to Resolve Brother Printer Offline Issue Quickly
Brother Printer has established its position as a market leader. Despite fierce competition from giants such as HP, Epson, Canon, and more, Brother stood the challenge. Brother has earned a name for high-end printers that can serve many different types. They include offices, homes as well as commercial settlements. Additionally, an experienced support team can resolve the issue quickly. The blog we are writing about will discuss the most common problem widely reported. The Brother printer says its offline status causes the problem.
Why Does the Brother Printer Offline Issue Occur?
Imagine you are working on an application to submit the next day, and you notice your Brother’s Printer is Offline. This is likely to trigger anxiety. But, it is essential to know the root of the error.
- The most likely scenario is that there may be paper jammed within the printer.
- It could also be a blockage within or around the ink toner.
- It could also be that your Brother printer isn’t configured as default.
- It could also be that you have unreliable connections between your computer and the printer.
- A different printer job remains within a long line of printers.
- Additionally, your system could be running an unsound or obsolete printer driver.
- Another possible reason is that the printer has been set up to “Use Offline Mode.”
- A problem with the printer settings could also be a factor.
Different Ways to Fix Brother Printer Offline Issue
Once you understand the reason better, let’s move on to the central part. This is where you can find the solutions to the problem.
First Fix: Set Brother Printer as Default
It could be this command could not reach a different printer. Therefore, this could cause this Brother Printer Offline issue.
- Use Search or Run to go to the ‘Control Panel.’
- Then, click ‘Devices and Printers. The list of printers will be displayed on the screen.
- Now, click right-click Brother printer in the list of printers.
- Then, select ‘Set as Default Printer.
- Once you’ve finished, you can start your printer again. Then, try printing to see if the issue persists or not.
Second Fix: Uncheck Offline Status of the Status
When this setting is enabled, the printer will remain offline. All you have to do is to remove the tick that precedes it.
- In the beginning, you must begin by opening; first, you must launch the Control Panel. To do this, follow the same procedure as previously explained.
- After that, select ‘ Devices and Printers Then, choose devices and Printers.
- Then, you must click to open”The Brother print icon.
- You must click to check out what’s printing.
- After you have finished, click to select the printing option on top of the screen.
- You must now get rid of the ticking mark before you click the ‘ use Printer Offline option.
- If you’re not satisfied, choose the delete All Documents Option.
Third Fix: Clear the Queue of Print Jobs and Restart Print Spooler
The print queue could delay your work if it’s overflowing. To remove the line and start the spooler, follow these instructions:
- To begin, make use of to use the Windows search or the Run command. Utilizing it, create Windows Service Window.
- You must go to the service panel and click ‘Print Spooler.’
- Right-click the ‘Print Spooler Option
- If you’re not satisfied, choose the “Stop” option.
- Next, open File Explorer.
- Now you need to browse to the location: C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS.
- Copy and paste the address to the File Explorer address bar.
- Once you’ve done that, you’ll need to click the button to enter.
- Select all files within the printer directory and press the delete key.
- The next step is to right-click on “Print Spooler Option.
- In the end, you must select the “Start” option to begin the Spooler service once more.
Fourth Fix: Check For Printer Jam
This is a typical physical problem. Therefore, to resolve it, you must examine the hardware.
- In the beginning, you must shut off the printer when you see an issue with paper within the rollers. We suggest you unplug the printer for security.
- Next step, take out the jammed piece of paper.
- Then, you can switch on the printing device and return the rollers with care. Then, you can send another printing instruction.
Fifth Fix: Update the Printer Driver
A faulty driver can trigger numerous problems. It can lead to the complete shutdown of your work. To address them all:
- Click on the Start button. Now opt for the ‘Device Manager‘ Option.
- Then, it would help if you double-clicked the print queue to expand it.
- The next step is to click on the printer’s right side to ensure that the driver is updated.
- Choose ‘ Browse My Computer for Driver Software’ from the screen that will appear afterward.
- Then, click the “Browse” button that is located below that driver search option.
- Then, you must select the folder where you want to download the driver. Then, click “OK.”
- Then, click then the After that, click the button. Once the update is completed, then hit Done
The problem of Brother Printer is Offline is a result of the hardware or the software. But it’s pretty simple to solve. If you encounter this error, follow the steps on the blog to fix the Brother printer offline issue.